Unique features of Selous Game Reserve
• Located in centrally in South Tanzania
• Largest game reserve in Africa
• Superb birding destination
• Exclusive & undisturbed safari experience
• Big 5 present (only black rhino, very rare)
• Home to Several groups of wild dogs
• Many elephants present
Best time to visit Selous Game Reserve
• Great all year round destination
• Late June to October (cool dry season) best for wildlife viewing
• November to April for (migratory) birdwatching
• Heat and humidity can be a burden between February and April
• Due to its many lakes April and May is a not the best period to visit
Also Tanzania is experiencing climate change Above information is a guideline, though last years have showed us that the seasons are not really predictable, therefore we recommend you to not make your decision purely based on weather circumstances as they might turn out differently.
We believe that selecting the right accommodation gives an extra touch to your safari program. Therefore we are often on the road to explore new and beautiful places in different price ranges. We value personal contact, boutique places and eye for detail. We strive to have personally visited all our chosen accommodations to match your needs and wishes.
Fika Safaris travel suggestions for Selous
After your stay in Selous Game Reserve, you could decide to go to Mahale National Park to see the Mahale Mountain chimpanzees or maybe you would like to visit the never-ending plains in the Serengeti. Or end your safari on one of the famous exclusive island Pema or Mafia.
+254 (0)700 656 798Book Selous now!