Unique features of Samburu, Buffalo Springs & Shaba
• This park exists out of 3 reserves within the Samburu Ecosystem
• Located in the North of Kenya
• The Ewaso Ng’iro River flows through this park
• 4 of the Big 5 (no rhino)
• Seek out the ‘Special 5’ of Samburu
• Combine with a cultural visit to the Samburu people
Best time to visit Samburu, Buffalo Springs & Shaba
• Great all year round destination
• Late June to October (cool dry season) best for wildlife viewing
• Late December to March (warm dry season) best for wildlife viewing
• All year round prime destination for birdwatching (ornithologists)
• Very hot between January and March
• Heaviest rainfall in April, May and beginning of June
Also in Kenya we are experience climate change. Above information is a guideline, though last years have shown us that the seasons are not really predictable, therefore we recommend you to not make your decision purely based on weather circumstances as they might turn out differently.
We believe that selecting the right accommodation gives an extra touch to your safari program. Therefore we are often on the road to explore new and beautiful places in different price ranges. We value personal contact, boutique places and eye for detail. We strive to have personally visited all our chosen accommodations to match your needs and wishes.
Fika Safaris travel suggestion for Samburu
A visit to Samburu National Reserve is good to combine with the family-friendly Ol-Pejeta reserve where you can visit the chimpanzee rescue center. They also have a program for the conservation and protection of the rhinoceros. Another less famous, but also beautiful park is Meru National park. Here you will find beautiful natural beauty and there is also a very big natural rhino sanctuary.
+254 (0)700 656 798
Book Samburu now!