Mahale Mountains National Park
Unique features of Mahale Mountains National Park
- Located in West Tanzania
- Little to no tourism
- Relax on the beach of Lake Tanganyika
- Exceptional and magical destination
- Multiple days chimpanzee tracking
- Only accessible via private boat or fly-in safari
Best time to visit Mahale Mountains National Park
- Great all-year-round destination
- Chimpanzee trekking can be all year round, best season from July to October
- From July to October (cool/dry season) perfect for game viewing
- Early December through May (wet season) is good for spotting wildlife
- June and November (semi-dry season) are perfect for game viewing
- The heaviest rainfall is in April and May
Just like the rest of the world, Tanzania is experiencing climate change. The above-mentioned information is a guideline, though last years have shown us that the seasons are not really predictable, therefore we recommend you don’t make your decision purely based on historical weather conditions as they may differ once you arrive.
Accommodation in Mahale Mountains
We believe that selecting the right accommodation gives an extra touch to your safari program. Therefore we are often on the road to explore new and beautiful places in different price ranges.
We value personal contact, boutique places and eye for detail. We strive to have personally visited all our chosen accommodations to match your needs and wishes.
Fika Safaris travel suggestions for Mahale Mountains
Mahale Mountains National Park can perfectly be combined with Katavi National Park. Both parks are situated remotely and are exclusive parks to visit.
Not many other tourist can be found in these parks which allows you to enjoy the beautiful nature at your own pace. This park can also be combined with Ruaha National Park and / or Selous. All the above parks are best visited by small plane.
End your safari in style on one of Tanzania’s exclusive tropical islands. This route is a unique exclusive safari experience!