Wildlife Conservancies in Laikipia District
Unique features of Laikipia District
• Big 5 present
• Famous for its large black rhino population
• Chimpanzee sanctuary (Ol Pejeta)
• Safeguarding endangered species
• Multiple days Camel safari
• Special attention to local people and their culture
• Exclusive and unique experience
Best time to visit Laikipia District
- Great all year round destination
- Late June to October (cool dry season) best for wildlife viewing
- Late December to March (warm dry season) best for wildlife viewing
- All year round prime destination for birdwatching (ornithologists)
- Heaviest rainfall in April, May and beginning of June. Please not that some camps/lodges might be closed.
In Kenya we are experience climate change. Above information is a guideline, though last years have shown us that the seasons are not really predictable, therefore we recommend you to not make your decision purely based on weather circumstances as they might turn out differently.
Accommodations Laikipia District
We believe that selecting the right accommodation gives an extra touch to your safari program. Therefore we are often on the road to explore new and beautiful places in different price ranges. We value personal contact, boutique places and eye for detail. We strive to have personally visited all our chosen accommodations to match your needs and wishes.
Fika Safaris travel suggestion for Laikipia District
Laikipia district is a beautiful safari destination and good to combine with a visit to Samburu National Reserve or a multi-day climb of Mount Kenya. Interested meeting the local people and/or local initiatives? From Laikipia you are not far away from the famous Samburu tribe and you are very welcome to stay with them!