Unique features Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
• Located in southwestern Uganda
• Jungle over 25,000 years old
• Home of the mountain gorilla
• Gorilla trekking, only possible by foot
• Habitat of many monkey species (11 primates)
• Beautifully diverse rainforest
• The (forest) elephant can be found here
Best time to visit Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
• End of June until August (cool/dry season) best for Gorilla trekking
• End of December until February (warm and dry season) perfect for Gorilla trekking
• Mach and September relatively good period for gorilla trekking (semi wet season)
• April until May and October until November Gorilla Trekking more difficult (rain season)
Also Uganda is experiencing climate change. Above information is a guideline, though last years have showed us that the seasons are not really predictable, therefore we recommend you to not make your decision purely based on weather circumstances as they might turn out differently.
This park has a lot to offer, both in and outside the park you can find different kinds of accommodations. From luxury lodges to backpacker spots. Depending on your travel needs and wishes, we will make sure together we will pick the best spot for you!
Fika Safaris travel suggestions for Bwindi
While you have explored this park it is recommendable to also pay a visit to the Queen Elizabeth National Park or you may decide to (also) include Lake Mburo National Park.
An alternative is to combine a Gorilla Trekking with a visit to Kenya or Tanzania, to truly experience a authentic safari experience.
+254 (0)700 656 798Book Bwindi now!