Akagera National Park
Unique features of Akagera NP
• Located in North-East Rwanda
• Rwanda’s most visited park
• A bird paradise with more than 500 species
• Go on a boat safari on Lake Ihema and spot the shoebill stork
• Habitat of the southern white rhinoceros
• Beautifully diverse rainforest
• The only place to spot the big 5 in Rwanda!
Best time to visit Akagera NP
• Great all year round destination
• From June to September is the dry season
• March to May is the long rainy season
• In October/November the rains are short and this is the the migratory birds season
Just like the rest of the world, Tanzania is experiencing climate change. The above-mentioned information is a guideline, though last years have shown us that the seasons are not really predictable, therefore we recommend you don’t make your decision purely based on historical weather conditions as they may differ once you arrive.
Impressions Akagera National Park
Accommodations Akagera NP
We believe that selecting the right accommodation gives an extra touch to your safari program. Therefore we are often on the road to explore new and beautiful places in different price ranges.
We value personal contact, boutique places and eye for detail. We strive to have personally visited all our chosen accommodations to match your needs and wishes.
Fika Safaris travel suggestions for Akagera NP
A safari to Akagera National Park is often combined with the famous Gorilla trekking. End your Rwanda trip with the big 5 and combine it with another special activity such as the chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe National Park.