Katavi National Park
Unique features of Katavi NP
• Located in the South of Tanzania
• A true remote and authentic wilderness experience
• High changes to spot wild dogs
• Home to the uncommon Sable & Roan antelope
• 4 of the Big 5 (no rhino)
• Two Seasonal lakes of Katavi and Chada
• This park can only be visited by small plane
Best time to visit Katavi NP
• From July to October (cool / dry season) perfect for game viewing and good for chimpanzee trekking
• June, November to late March (semi dry season) great for spotting wildlife
• Heaviest rainfall in April and May
Just like the rest of the world, Tanzania is experiencing climate change. The above-mentioned information is a guideline, though last years have shown us that the seasons are not really predictable, therefore we recommend you don’t make your decision purely based on historical weather conditions as they may differ once you arrive.
Impressions Katavi National Park
Accommodation in Katavi NP
We believe that selecting the right accommodation gives an extra touch to your safari program. Therefore we are often on the road to explore new and beautiful places in different price ranges.
We value personal contact, boutique places and eye for detail. We strive to have personally visited all our chosen accommodations to match your needs and wishes.
Fika Safaris travel suggestions for Katavi NP
A safari to Katavi is something unique and to make it more memorable we suggest to add a few days to visit Mahale Mountains to organize an encounter with the Mahale Mountain Chimpanzees.
How does it sound to finish this safari at the beautiful tropical Indian ocean beach of Zanzibar, Pemba or Maffia. Meet their rich history, lovely Swahili food and indulge yourself into relaxation mode.