Tsavo East & West National Park
Unique features of Tsavo East & West NP
• Short-haul to/from Indian Ocean beach resorts
• Large Herds of Big Mammals (Tsavo East)
• Mzima Natural Springs, Shetani caves & Lava (Tsavo West)
• Largest protected area in Kenya
• Big 5 present (rhino sanctuary)
• Many varying landscapes with a lot of red sand
• A real birders paradise
Best time to visit Tsavo East & West NP
• Great all year round destination
• Late June to October (cool dry season) best for wildlife viewing
• Late December to March (warm dry season) best for wildlife viewing
• October to January for birdwatching (ornithologist)
• Possible heavy rainfall in April, May and beginning of June
Just like the rest of the world, Kenya is experiencing climate change. The above-mentioned information is a guideline, though last years have shown us that the seasons are not really predictable, therefore we recommend you don’t make your decision purely based on historical weather conditions as they may differ once you arrive.
Impressions Tsavo East & West National park
Accommodation Tsavo NP
We believe that selecting the right accommodation gives an extra touch to your safari program. Therefore we are often on the road to explore new and beautiful places in different price ranges.
We value personal contact, boutique places and eye for detail. We strive to have personally visited all our chosen accommodations to match your needs and wishes.
Fika Safaris travel suggestions for Tsavo NP
A visit to Tsavo East and/or West are very well combined with coastal stays!! Another adventurous safari is by train. The new SGR train makes it possible to continue from Nairobi via Amboseli National Park to Tsavo East and West and then board the train back to the coast. A unique and special trip!