Volcanoes National Park
Unique features of Volcanoes NP
• Located in North-West Rwanda
• Beautiful Volcanic mountains and lakes
• Known for its gorilla trekking
• Go on a unique golden meerkat trekking
• Spot the forest elephant
• Hike to Dian Fossey’s grave
Best time to visit Volcanoes NP
• Great all year round destination
• From June to September is the dry season, the best season for gorilla trekking
• From December to mid-February is short dry season, also a good period for the gorilla trekking
• The other months are the rainy season, less busy for the gorilla trekking but expect more difficult conditions for the gorilla trekking.
Just like the rest of the world, Tanzania is experiencing climate change. The above-mentioned information is a guideline, though last years have shown us that the seasons are not really predictable, therefore we recommend you don’t make your decision purely based on historical weather conditions as they may differ once you arrive.
Impressions Volcanoes National Park
Accommodations Volcanoes NP
We believe that selecting the right accommodation gives an extra touch to your safari program. Therefore we are often on the road to explore new and beautiful places in different price ranges.
We value personal contact, boutique places and eye for detail. We strive to have personally visited all our chosen accommodations to match your needs and wishes.
Fika Safaris travel suggestions for Volcanoes NP
The gorilla trekking in Volcanoes National Park is a unique experience. If you want to combine this with a visit to another country in East Africa, we will be happy to advise you.
For example, consider an authentic safari experience in Kenya and spot the entire big 5! Another way to experience this natural wonder is to book our “off the menu” 6 days culture & gorilla trekking safari.